Sunday 22 January 2012

Agreed. It's Time.

After reading fellow beauty bloggers Liz, Larie, Tracy, Ashley, and Latoya, I have decided to hop on the No Buy train. If they can do it, I can do it.
I'm currently in the process of saving for a house, and every little bit will help. I'm hoping by joining these ladies, I can stick to it, knowing I'm not alone!

Rules:
1) No buy runs from now-May. I figure I will want a few new items before summer.
 2) No buying body lotions of any sort, I have a rather large collection and there is no hope of me finishing them. Ever.
3) Essentials can only be purchased if current product is finished. NO BACKUPS. (toothpaste, shampoo etc)
4) Post my accomplishments! Ashley from Makeup Kismet posts finished products regularly, and I really enjoy reading them.
5) Anything received as a gift doesn't count (my birthday is coming up in feb)
6) If there is a must have/limited addition item I'm dying to have, I must have used up a similar product before buying. Mac's Shop Mac Cook Mac looks exciting.

I'm planning on trying to rediscover some of the makeup in my currently collection as well. Bright colours used to be my favourite, but I haven't been wearing them as much recently. It's time to rediscover why I bought them in the first place. This idea come from Beauty Obsessed to use them for Fun Fridays. Each Friday create and post a look using non-neutral colours.

Thank you to all the lovely ladies above for the inspiration, and good luck!
Cheers!
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, good luck on your no-buy Sarah! I always try and do these things but never succeed.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I've tried a few times, and only last a few weeks. I'm hoping this time will be better since there is a bunch of girls trying :)

      Delete
  2. good luck sarah! you can do it! imagine all the money you will be saving and the products you can use to get rid of so u can buy more after the ban LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't think about that part! I should have lots of room for new stuff when it's done

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining us! The next few months are going to be WILD. We're going to whine, laugh, and go crazy together! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for joining us! Good luck with your ban ;) We can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! I read each and every comment received.