Monday 27 February 2012

Mascara of the Month: Fairydrops

Can you believe it's the end of the month already? February has been a busy month for me and time has flown by.


This month I tried out the Fairydrops mascara from my Sephora Lash Stash
 I quite like the packaging of this mascara. The jewelled print is interesting and makes the product very recognizable.
The wand is something I am not a fan of. The photo above shows the grooved wand. I found this difficult to work with. I found myself going over the lashes repeatedly to try and get an even coat. I prefer larger wands with a tapered end, similar to Benefit Bad Gal or Annabelles Le Big Show. 
This mascara contains small fibbers in the formula. This is supposed to help thicken your lashes more than regular mascara. I wasn't able to notice a large difference from the fibbers. This formula seemed heavier on my lashes then what I'm used to. 


 Lashes without any mascara.




 Lashes after one coat of mascara. The product does hold curl nicely, but was too heavy for my liking, even when only applying one coat. I honestly didn't even use this every day of the month, the formula just didn't work for me. This will not be an item I repurchase. It got put in my empty pile fairly quickly.


Have you tried Fairydrops? What did you think?


Cheers!
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried that mascara. I have THE shortest lashes on the planet and I've tried every mascara from Cover Girl to Dior. My all time favorite (that I CAN NOT live without) is by Mally! Her mascara is the best ever! x www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Mally before, I will have to check it out once I have used up the Lash Stash book :)

      Delete
  2. It looks a bit too clumpy for my taste, but your lashes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering about this mascara! Perfect review!

    <3 Nicole
    http://RealLifeDressUp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! I read each and every comment received.