Tuesday 17 January 2012

Covergirl Nature Luxe Foundation

My Makeup Forever HD foundation is on its last few days of usage, so I picked up a new foundation to test out.  Normally I don't go for drugstore foundations, but I'd heard good things about Cover Girl Nature Luxe, so I decided to give it a go. (And it was on sale! yay!).

Now I must warn you, this first picture may be a bit frightening, me with no makeup!
Eekk! As you can see, I have some darkness under my eyes, my cheeks are quite red, and I have two blemish marks under my nose.

I applied about a pea-sized amount of the foundation.  I dotted it all over my face and then blended with a stippling brush.  Using #310 Flax.
 The foundation blended nicely into my skin, and did not leave a harsh line at my neck.
 Here is the finished look.  For the most part, I like it.  I still need to use concealer under my eyes, and on spots, but I use that with my Makeup Forever foundation too.

The product applied smoothly, and blended easily into my skin.  It contains SPF10, which is great to help protect skin against the elements.  It does have a slight scent, not unpleasant but I wish it was fragrance free.
I've only worn it once, but it held up nicely throughout the day.

I will have to wear it a few more times before I can give my final verdict, but so far so good.

Cheers!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! I read each and every comment received.