Tuesday 31 January 2012

Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara - Mascara of the Month


Here's what Bare Minerals had to say "If you aren't known for your lashes, you will be now. Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara gives lashes the ultimate volume, perfect definition and mineral care they've been craving. Our Exclusive NutriPlumpTM formula dramatically plumps lashes up to 600%* for unheard-of thickness, fullness and flutter." *After two coats of mascara, based on an independent study. (from .bareescentuals.com).

I have the travel size product, which came in the Sephora Lash Stash kit.


I really like the size of the wand. The large wand catches all of the lashes during application, and helps to separate each lash.

 Lashes before application
Lashes before application
 Close up, after one coat of mascara

Lashes after one coat of mascara.

While I wouldn't say this mascara increased my lash volume by 600%, I do like the results. My lashes look long and fairly full.  I would still prefer if they looked fuller, but I can usually only achieve that with false lashes.
The product applies smoothly.  I did experience some flaking, but those were the days I wore my contacts,which means I tend to rub my eyes a bit more. The days I did not wear contacts, I did not experience any flaking.

Full sized retail price is $18.00. If price were no object, I would purchase this again. However, I believe you can achieve similar results with drugstore mascaras, like the Cover Girl Lash Blast.  

Cheers!
Sarah


6 comments:

  1. i agree. I don't purchase expensive mascaras. I find some of the drugstore brands give the same effect with the fraction of the price. For me, I love the Maybelline Stiletto mascara =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning to agree. I bought the sampler pack from Sephora, so I'm trying one a month. It's going to last me all year! I love the Covergirl Lash Blast and Loreal Voluminous ones too.

      Delete
  2. Sarah, your lashes even without mascara are so long and curly. I am so jealous!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the length, but always wish they were thicker! I will let you know if I come across a great lengthening mascara.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness your lashes are soooo long! I wish mine were as long! :(
    they look great with or without mascara hah!

    http://acupofhautestyle.blogspot.com
    -xoxo-
    lauren

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! I read each and every comment received.