Saturday 7 January 2012

Belated Happy New Year!

Photo here



A belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.  My year has started out with very long days at the office, and not much time at home.  Sadly, we're a week into 2012 and this is my 1st post!  
I'm sharing some goals of mine for 2012 in hopes that publishing them publicly will help to hold me more accountable to them, and maybe inspire others as well.

1) No Excuses.  The latest season of The Biggest Loser has started again, and this years theme is No Excuses.  This one hit home with me.  I tend to use the excuse "I'm tired" too often.  No more.  I'm hoping this new philosophy will help me hit the gym 5 days a week.  I did it last January successfully until about August, and it's been downhill since then.  I really want to get back into it.  I feel better about myself when I go, and it helps me to look better too!

2) Take classes.  Whether it's a dance class, something for work, or a cooking class, I'd really like to try some new things this year.

3) Cook at home more.  I love going out for dinner, probably a bit too much.  But after my NYE it reaffirmed that you don't need a meal out for a great weekend.  Cooking for yourself or for a gathering can be very satisfying, you can also control exactly what goes into your food, and 99% of the time it's more budget friendly.

Those are my top 3 for now.  I'm sure they might change along the way, but if I manage to complete goal 1, I will be thrilled.

Cheers!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! I read each and every comment received.